Sunday, July 16, 2006

Barbie: These Precious Moments

My 3-year-old daughter has finally reached the Barbie-mutilation stage of child development (as documented by British researchers). Yesterday, nude Barbie served as a hammer to pound the floor, until her head fell off. We re-attached the head, but it seems my daughter prefers to remove it. Today I found Barbie displayed on the stairs, the glazed eyes of her severed head staring lifelessly at her own groin. It's reassuring to see that our daughter is probably going to be normal after all. I mean, she understands the difference between the real and the plastic representational. These milestones are priceless moments. In other child development news, she also went from being screamingly scared of bugs to wanting to pick up and observe every insect, no matter how creepy, even bugs that I can't touch, so I see a future career as an entomologist. (CSI lab?)

No comments: