Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The multiverse of E.P.


I recently found time to shrink myself to the nano-scale and navigate the complex webular system of tubes which is "The Internets". Whilst there, I stumbled onto surfed into Ethan Persoff's site. Ethan has archived and posted some of the greatest moments in 20th century American comics, such as the comic book introducing and explaining Martin Luther King's role in the civil right movement, circulated in the 1950s. He has the comic book re-write of history that the CIA dropped on Grenada after Reagan's 1983 invasion to distract attention from the hundreds of dead Marines in Lebanon. There are various government-funded anti-drug comix, including one which was spotted in the Principia Discordia, and let's not forget the racist hate campaign that the US powered up as part of their war effort. He seems to be a musician and cartoonist as well, a multimedia artist as well as archivist of American cultural history. I downloaded his new short movie, Poodle (Samizdat?), which I haven't had time to watch yet. I guess I'm saving it. There is too much freaky stuff on his site to digest in one stop. Shall return.

No comments: