Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hater-in-Chief?

I hate to repeat hateful racist words, but here is why any discussion or debate about McCain as a viable candidate should be over. He's racist. He's stubborn. He's bitter. (He's also cruel, sexist, senile, ignorant, uniformed, and a hothead, but those are issues for another day.)

Feb. 18, 2000
Arizona Sen. John McCain refused to apologize yesterday for his use of a racial slur to condemn the North Vietnamese prison guards who tortured and held him captive during the war.
"I hate the gooks," McCain said yesterday in response to a question from reporters aboard his campaign bus. "I will hate them as long as I live."
I wouldn't judge John McCain. He has a right to hate. He has a right to free (hate) speech, perhaps, even under McCain/Feingold. But he has no right to imagine he is qualified to be president with unresolved anger issues like those.

What is amazing to me is how is how the old white male Republican is graded on a curve, and can get away with things that would drive the media to end th Obama campaign if the boot were onto the other head.
Discussion:
FAIR
Twin Cities Daily Planet
Seattle PI

No comments: