Noam Chomsky wonders what Americans might think and do if Mexico and Canada had been invaded and occupied by a nuclear-armed superpower. I have conducted the same thought-experiment but I use China rather than Iran as the alternate history superpower since it is easier to imagine a timeline where China was able to invade. Chomsky wants Americans to put themselves in Iran's place and see the world (and American/Israeli threats) as it appears to them, in which acquiring nuclear defenses is a no-brainer. He manages to get in a plug for Failed States, which seems to have a lot of different covers, more overtly anti-American, outside of North America. That one looks almost like a rip-off of something I once did, but maybe theirs was first, or, if not, it's all open-source for a good cause.
Read What If Iran Had Invaded Mexico? at these sources:
MJ
TomDispatch
Watch out for Mr MacGouger…
-
Petty Rabbit found ways to avenge his Father’s death… Photo courtesy of
Kodai. Found on stationery in Japan.
The post Watch out for Mr MacGouger… first a...
15 hours ago





No comments:
Post a Comment