Friday, August 25, 2006

I'm Back

In Japan again with my family. Our pineal glands are adjusting their melatonin secretions and we expect to recover locally appropriate circadian rhythms soon. Meanwhile, one is up at 1 A.M., another at 3 A.M., and the others at 5 A.M. Five is actually reasonable since the sun is up at that time. Another little-known advantage is that you can also catch the last hour of All Things Considered here on a regular clock-radio at that time, with no need to subscribe to the podcast.

Aside from the jet-lag and weather adjustments, I found out that the 2 batteries I have for my PowerBook may burst into flame in a few rare cases and need to be replaced. Even if it doesn't crash, it burns. It's a Sony. I mean "The batteries are Sonys." Maybe Apple should use a more reputable manufacturer like Samsung or LG next time. At least I can wait for the replacements to be delivered and then send in the old ones. This (getting 2 new replacement batteries) could actually be a good thing.

No comments: