Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Howard Zinn podcast, talks and speeches

Last week before Golden Week started I was in the train listening to a Howard Zinn podcast from Progressive Podcast, called "You Can’t Be Neutral on a Moving Train". It was over an hour long, and I never got to the end, but I was struck by the relatively charming and humanistic speaking style of Zinn as contrasted with the more Noam Chomsky, for example. I am looking forward to hearing the rest of it on some boring commute soon. I think I mentioned in a post or the sidebar before about the online availability of A People's History of the United States, which I am glad for since I gave my copy of that big heavy book to a friend before I moved to Japan. I thought there might be some video of Howard Zinn on YouTube, too, and there is a lot more than I thought.

Results 1 - 10 of about 3,410 from youtube.com for Howard Zinn. (0.27 seconds)
3,410?

No comments: