Saturday, May 24, 2008

I Want To Believe '08 (Are politicians real?)

I've had this image in my mind for a while. I think almost everybody does, although it may be at various levels of focusedness and resolution. I got onto Google Image search and dug around a little to see if someone had already done this. Of course, they had, although it took some digging to find out. The version at whatsdrivingyoucrazy.com was pretty good but a little too rough, so I decided to make a DIY version.

I was a little disgusted when my new version of MacOS, 10.5, broke iPhoto and made it much harder to browse through my photo collection. I also didn't like that my RSS headline screensaver now cycled through 3 headlines instead of 10 from Yahoo. When 10.5 repeatedly froze and locked up just by running a screensaver I ditched it and reverted to 10.4. I have the new Ubuntu running on a Fujitsu as an alternative since the Windows Vista OS still isn't multilingual and I don't want to use it in Japanese any more than I have to. MacOS has been multilingual for 6 or 8 years and Ubuntu has a few dozen languages built in, too.

Anyway, iPhoto runs, but no longer allows me to export to Facebook, Picasa, Flickr, a movie, or even as a file. All you can do is read the file name and Spotlight search for it.

Enough about Apple already. Oh, one more. I wish the fan didn't run in the computer 24 hours a day unless you manually select Sleep mode. They seem to have corrected the bug with their laptops but my downstairs iLamp still can be heard upstairs.

Anyway, I found a photo I had taken with an eerie likeness to what I was seeking, got the Obama logo, got a picture of Obama that I like, found some filters that chromiumized the logo, found the font was Arial Black as it appears (and Inner Shadow seems appropriate), and just had to throw in Dennis Kucinich. Don't stinge on the blur. That pretty much concretizes my image of the national mood (Zeitgeist Amerika) in this erection ear election year.

Below is an urban variation of the concept. Just an afterthought. In the background is a danchi, an industrial housing concept inspired by the Soviet combinats, perhaps. These images American-Made in Japan from Japanese and American parts.

Neither of these is intended for the use of right-wing headcases, BTW. All rights reserved, blah blah blah.



Uptweak:

No comments: