Friday, February 08, 2008

Rat Race: Babylon by (Campaign) Bus

February 6, the day after Super Tuesday, was Bob Marley's birthday. He would have been 63. Who knows what he might have done, had he lived. He may have been the Governor of California by now. Stranger things have happened. The year 1945 also gave birth to Brian Ferry, Eric Clapton, Pete Townsend, Rod Stewart, Van Morrison, Steve Martin, and Wim Wenders.

I thought it was somehow fitting that on this day, as the primary and caucus results slowly sank in, that the political markets of Iowa and Rasmussen both flipped over and began to favor Obama over Clinton for the Democratic party nomination!!!

I was training around Saitama with headphones on and realizing that headphones really are a hell of a lot better than earbuds and that I am going to wear them until it gets miserably hot. I may even look for an anti-noise pair. I can hear Democracy Now much better -- somehow their recording volume is too low for the background decibels I get on the train. Reggae is also a nice way to chill and take the edge off of high-tension Japan when you are zipping around.

No comments: