Tuesday, August 08, 2006

All that killin' and rapin' makes our boys hungry

I'm in Vancouver. It is a light non-accumulating precipitation kind of day, when the rain keeps falling but the sidewalk never gets wet, somehow. Light jackets and unbrellas optional.

Today has been a nightmare come true for the purveyors and marketers of american-style grilled chicken wings everywhere.

Update: It turned into real rain.
I wonder if the 21st century will be remembered as the century of religious wars. The Islamofascist Parties of Gods versus the Christofascist One-nation Undergod and the Judeofascist Chosen People (not Korea). If so, can I be frozen and woken up next century? Maybe I should stick around and join in with my own Twenty Three Thousand Armed Buddhas, the Guerilla Armies of the Goddless, or the Definitely Maybe Usually Agnostics Liberation Front. My present strategy is to sit it out and let the crazies kill each other, but will they kill all of us?

No comments: